I decided to make a little progression chart of my Beatrice gown.
I started the dress in Nov. 2012 and I completed it in Febuary of 2013. I won't lie, I had a couple of almost sleepless nights trying to get this together in time for Katsucon.
The only thing I did not make on this piece was the hoop skirt/crinoline, it was purchased off of ebay. I choose a crepe satin from the Casa Collection at JoAnn's, in hindsight, I'm not sure I'm happy with that choice, I like it for the red skirt but for the bodice and the black skirts, I'm not exactly a fan. I might try to find something nicer and heavier if I decide to remake those portions of the dress.
No pattern was used for the skirts. The red is just simple math and dissecting a circle skirt into strips and the black is modified circle skirts. The pattern I altered for the top is Butterick B5440. It is out of print.
The yellow designs on the skirt are satin stitched on. I'd like to redo those pieces too since this was my first large scale satin stitching project and several of my lines are a bit crooked.
Overall I am really happy with how this turned out. I've come a long ways since my very first sewing project in 2010.
Last picture in sequence was taken at Katsucon 2013 by [link]